Sunday, May 18, 2014

The winding-up days

Today is Sunday, May 18, 2014. Yesterday and today we were in Limerick for this semi-annual District Conference. This is the same as a Stake Conference, but districts are just smaller. The attendance was very good and last night's meeting, to me, was better, for a few reasons. One was that our darling missionary sisters were asked to take part in it and they did a beautiful job. At one point it occurred to me how much their parents would have loved to have been there to hear them speak. They coordinated the talk so that they went back and forth and in some cases finished each other's sentences. Their subject was the First Vision and each time I hear those words by Joseph Smith when he described what happened to him, I gain a greater testimony of its truthfulness. Last night, after the evening conference session, we stayed in the Bunratty Innisfree B&B in Bunratty - about 13 km northwest of Limerick - and about a mile past the Bunratty Castle. What a castle that is!! I really wish we had had time to take a tour of it. I'll have to, instead, look on line for pictures of the interior.




Since I didn't get much sleep last night, I was sleepy through the whole session today and then all the way home. I tried to take a few notes during the meeting, but I'm not even sure I'll know what the notes meant! The Area Seventy who was in presiding at these meetings was Ruiz de Mendoza from Madrid. He barely had any accent, so that really helped in understanding him.

We are in the process of closing down this house that we have been living in because there is no senior couple coming to replace us. It's just as sad as when we left Sligo and no one replaced us there. In Sligo, we were assured that someone WAS coming, but it didn't happen. Anyway, one of the things we have to do here is go through the inventory book and remove any and every thing that belongs to the SIM (Scotland-Ireland Mission) and give it to other missionaries or members or, in some cases, just throw it away. Some of the linen would fall into that latter category.

No comments:

Post a Comment