Friday, June 7, 2013

MTC Here We Come

It's the Friday before the Monday that we begin classes at the Missionary Training Center in Provo. (Breathe, KC, breathe!) The excitement continues to build. We will be spending eight hours a day for five days learning "Preach My Gospel". I hope we get to stand up a lot! I don't do well sitting on hard surfaces hour after hour. Luckily, the Church already knows that about us old geezers, so I am confident they will be sensitive to our sensitivities.

Happily, we have learned that we will be serving in the city and county of Sligo (pronounced with an "i" as in I.) (I used to know - is that called a long I??) Anywho, I was pleased to find out that there is also a family history library in or near the branch where we will be serving. Genealogy is clearly my best thing, so I hope I'll be able to help people with this - and they in turn will certainly be a help to me!)

It's been an amazing ride thus far and will no doubt continue to be. I'm going to try to post a picture with this blog of a monument we saw an a famine memorial in Sligo six years ago. You will know if I was successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment